"Anyone can experience Domestic Violence the perpetrator can be a partner, ex-partner or family member. It is a pattern of behaviour that controls and dominates the victim and can leave them isolated and humiliated. 1 in 4 women experience domestic violence over their lifetime and 10% of women suffer domestic violence in a given year."1 in 4........yes that said 1 in 4! That means if you're not being abused 1 of your 3 friends down the street is! Do you know who it is? Are you doing anything about it?
Rihanna was recently abused by her boyfriend Chris Brown over a small argument. She never expected it from him & was so in love & that's why she was blinded by the whole thing. When you're in that state and so blinded by it you dont even realize whats going on until it actually happens. She has also reported that "she is now stronger, wiser and most of all, fearless" I know I am, but not all women/men/children end up that way, in some cases it ends in death! Rihanna has been such an inspiration to so many people including myself....she is truely an amazing woman!
Ten Warning Signs of an Abusive relationship:
- History of discipline problems.
- Blames you for his/her anger.
- Serious drug or alcohol use.
- History of violent behavior.
- Threatens others regularly.
- Insults you or calls you names.
- Trouble controlling feelings like anger.
- Tells you what to wear, what to do or how to act.
- Threatens or intimidates you in order to get their way.
- Prevents you from spending time with friends or family.